Going the Distance is a coming-of-age story about a young woman’s journey to define herself through sport. Elspeth hikes, bikes, and canoes with her family. She obsesses about climbing mountains. But to her, these aren’t real sports. After she doesn’t succeed at volleyball or soccer, Elspeth finds belonging as a runner and cross-country skier. Always seeking perfection, she relentlessly pushes her body to reach the next level, all the while asking herself, “Am I even an athlete?”
When adversity strikes- her mind fills with doubt, her left leg fails, and her invincible hero dies- she refuses to give up. She picks up the pieces and finds her answer in the pursuits she once doubted to be real sports.
Where to buy
- Finn Sisu in Saint Paul, MN
- Pioneer Midwest in Osseo, MN
- Gear West in Long Lake, MN
- Midwest Mountaineering in Minneapolis, MN
- Home Place in Bemidji, MN
- Winding Trail Books in Saint Paul, MN
- Run N Fun in the Twin Cities
Now available at the Saint Paul Public Library!
Stay tuned…. no events as of now due to COVID